Saturday, November 12, 2011

Lately

This is the first time I've ever done a blog.  I figure it may help me to calm down and get thoughts out of my head.

Lately I have been feeling very alone.  At school, I don't quite fit in, be it my age, my size, or just being me.  In the huge school, I am surrounded by many people and yet I feel isolated.  In my classes, I sit and every desk all around me are empty.  Like people are scared to sit by me, maybe they would catch "fat."  

I'm noticing myself pushing everyone away now at home too.  The isolation is carrying over to the one place I am absolutely not alone.  I know I am loved at home.  At home I am someone worth loving.  I know if people got to know me, they'd like me, I am a good person.  But who wants to take that time to get to know some one like me?

I'm really needing my friends and family around me to boost me up the way only they can.  But they don't know it, and I'm to down to tell them.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jenny,
    I came across your blog on your facebook page. I love the title. I am so sorry you are feeling sad and empty. I've been there too. Writing is such good therapy and I swear it is the only reason I am sane. I have been writing since before I can remember. In high school and onto college I had my "mad/sad section" of my binder where I went when I couldn't concentrate on anything else. Discovering the world of blogging has been one of the best things for me and it is the way I stay in one piece. Not only can you write what you feel but you can find comfort from so many others. Sometimes when you have so many thoughts racing around in your head the only thing to do is spit them out through your fingers. Write. Just write it all out and you will soon figure out how to sort it all out. Write multiple times a day if you need to, it will calm the storm. Thank you for always being so nice to me. You have a fantastic smile, I have never felt judged by you, and I have loved getting to know Nicole over the past couple of years. She has such a big heart and has blossomed so much. She often talks about how much she loves you and her family. I hope school is going well for you. Lift your head high and walk into your classes knowing you are amazing. Because you are. You don't have to prove it to anyone. Reach out to those around you and they will naturally see how loving you are. Sit in the front, ask questions, and radiate confidence. And if you don't think you have that in you just fake it till you make it. :) That's what I've done A LOT and it seriously works. I'm just around the corner if you need a friend.
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete