Wednesday, January 25, 2012


So I went to the Dr. today.  I needed my estrogen refilled, and I have this weird bump on my hand.  Estrogen...check, weird bump on my hand is a simple cyst that they are removing it in a few weeks.  BUT, this is where things go dicey for me.  He talked to me frankly about my weight.  He said for as heavy as I am, for my history of family heart diseas, diabetes, my high blood pressure, my history of high cholesterol and my kidney disease I am a high risk for a stroke within even the next year.  For a long time I've been very unhappy about my weight, but never enough to apparently stop or change any behaviors.   Today although, I'm looking at things in a new light.  I honestly feel like my mind set was tweaked just a little, enough to decide to do things differently.  I feel like today even, I've done things differently.  Little things so i don't blow out entirely. 

I was reading my friend Holli's blog and got a lot of good vibes from her and I'm excited about it.  It is going to be a long hard road, but, I'm worth it.  I'm sure it will be hard, but I am strong, I've been through so much in my life.  I can do this.  I just hope I have the support I need.  

1 comment:

  1. you can do it!!!! And when you feel like you can't do it anymore, you're ALMOST to the point where you can do it forever.

    ReplyDelete